sub title

WARNING: This blog may and will contain explicit typing mistakes and/or grammar massacring and new additions to the dictionary you may not understand or wish to flame at.

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Hating vs Being

I don't know if you guys know but some months ago a teenage boy killed himself because of homophobic bullying. Even after his death the students responsible for this outrageous act goes around saying that he was better off dead.
I can't imagine ever knowing someone like this. Someone so close minded, so heartless and completely disgusting. Just the thought of it makes me angry and incredibly sad. Because while these haters are living spouting their hate, someone who was just trying to be themselves is dead.

Homophobia lives on in the world, especially in the United States. And while it's a step forward that Don't ask, Don't Tell has been repealed and gays are now able to publicly be gay in the military, hate crimes continue. People die over this.

So yeah, you people can stick with your opinions or whatever, but when your judgements and your beliefs cause so much suffering to someone's life that they feel they're better off dead? Fuck you. I don't judge you on your opinions, I judge you on your actions. And your actions take lives every freakin' day in this world because you couldn't let someone be happy and be who they were born to be.

It's freaking sad when countries have hot lines set up so that gay teenagers have somewhere to call to vent and to cry and hope that someone out there will listen to them and to stop them from killing themselves don't you think?

1 comment:

  1. It's a sad story. But I didn't know they had hotlines just for that!

    ReplyDelete