sub title

WARNING: This blog may and will contain explicit typing mistakes and/or grammar massacring and new additions to the dictionary you may not understand or wish to flame at.

Monday, November 21, 2011

Frustration vs. Fear (ugh ignore this I'm in a dark place)


 I wonder what it's like to be in an environment where you know it's ok to be yourself, where you won't face rejection, hate, violence, insults and discrimination for something you can't control. I wonder what it's like to not live everyday wondering when your perceived safe bubble will be popped and everything you've known all your life is gone.

I wonder what it's like to be able to walk through the streets and be able to be yourself without other staring you down and judging you because they don't understand because they're unwilling to understand.

I wonder what it's like to be you.

Cause being me sucks. Cause being me is living a life 'in the closet'. Cause being me, means I'm not me.

Being you would mean an easier life, where I don't have to worry about disappointing my parents because I don't love who I'm supposed to love. Being you means you don't have the person you trusted most out of everyone in your life to completely rip into you and make you realize that they're not who you thought they were. Being you means, I don't have to be afraid of losing my entire family. Being you means I don't have to erase that status I just wrote on facebook because I'm afraid someone in my family will see it, or someone I don't trust will blurt it out to everyone in the world. Being you means I can listen to whatever music I want without being suspected of being gay, reading whatever I want, wearing whatever I want and watching whatever I want without that fear of being discovered. Cause being you means I can be truly happy for someone coming out to their family and being accepted. Cause being you means I don't have to wish that my family was different- because I don't want them to be different and yet at the same time I do. Being you means I don't have to always add that extra step when doing things to make sure no one knows, no one can figure it out.

Being you means I don't have to be me.

Because being me sucks so much right now it's like I can't breathe.

Excuse me as I go watch Imagine Me and You now.

2 comments:

  1. I love that movie(which is what the ROFL is for btw)
    Sigh I think we need a Friday. Obviously we've been slacking on that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Imagine me and you was a pretty good movie

    ReplyDelete